Sunday, September 27, 2009

~JEWELYN~

Dearest Jewelyn,

I remember meeting you back in Dec. of 2006. You had the best smile. You were so happy, warm, friendly and easily likeable. You talked about your career as a teacher. I could tell you cared deeply about your kids.

Later you were married...and we talked about dresses and wedding locations. You offered me advice and off to David's Bridal I went.

Then you suffered a miscarriage and I had no idea about it until I shared my own loss with you. You reached out to me and offered me your advice and your support. I was moved that you decided to share your loss with me, and it meant everything to me. In a time where I felt so alone, you made me feel understood and you helped to validate all of my feelings.

I remember finding out you were expecting and I was overrun with emotion. I was ecstatic that you and Philip were expecting again and everything was going according to plan. Your maternity pictures were beautiful. YOU were beautiful.


You were my neighbor on Farm Town on Facebook. I remember when you would visit my farm and we would chat. We talked about many things, most importantly the wonderful baby you had growing in your belly. Your hope/love/life deferred--your little Gabrielle.

Jewelyn, you are no longer with us and I have felt so numb all day long. I cry on and off thinking of your husband Philip and how he must be so hurt to have lost you. How he must feel so conflicted about the fact that he now has a healthy baby girl, but no Jewels to help him raise her.

You will be missed immensely. You were kind, sincere, silly, honest and beautiful. I will never forget you dear Sushi. You are loved by many and we are all feeling your absence. Rest in peace my friend.

**********************************

To anyone looking to make a donation to Jewelyn's husband and to baby Gabrielle, you can do so via paypal to the following address: 4jewelyn@gmail.com

Anything will help, no matter how small the donation is.

2 comments: