Friday, March 26, 2010

Neglected!

Oh my, well this is embarrassing. I have seriously been neglecting this blog...man I suck! Hahaha. Oh well, here are the latest updates.

Work has been and is going to continue to be, crazy sauce. The students are about to start Spring quarter on Monday. It's going to be super busy, but it's cool. Work is what it is, and at this time I am happy to simply have the position that I have, so you know what? I'm not going to complain. I can only be thankful to have job security and to continuously be bringing home a check.
Hmm. So what's new with me? Well my husband and I are still TTC. I got off birth control pills in January and was waiting to see what my cycles would do (just to refresh your memory I had stopped ovulating all together last year so my OB put me on the pill for three months in hopes that it would regulate my cycles)...but I had one cycle where it looked like my body tried to ovulate and then didn't...and I started spotting. Whatev. The good news is once I started the new cycle...(TMI alert here) there were a few days where I started to notice a lot more egg-white cervical mucus so I started using ovulation predictor kits (OPKS) and sure enough yesterday and the day before I got this:


If you've never used an OPK let me explain. Anytime your test line (left) is the same color or darker than the control line (right) you are having a surge in your LH hormone which is responsible for ovulation. So here, this is obviously positive and the most positive I have had since like May of last year right before I stopped ovulating. To make things even better I got this positive yesterday on CD 16 (cycle day). This is the earliest ovulation I have had EVER. Yes, EVER. This for me, is a huge feat. This gives me hope that my cycles might actually start to become normal. I have tried really hard not to stress at work or at home. I have started doing fertility yoga which helps me concentrate on my breathing, relax and let go of the stresses of the day. If we are unsuccessful in a pregnancy this month, I think I will be okay, because I will be focusing on the fact that my body actually ovulated and this makes me so hopeful.

Well I suppose that's it for now. Hopefully in two weeks we will have news. Be it good or bad, it will be progress.

So, I leave you with a quote:
"Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope." -Corazon Aquino

5 comments: