Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tonight

I used to write poetry a lot. I haven't written anything since my loss in February. Tonight, emotions were running high and so I sat and my pen furiously scribbled on a white piece of paper. I am not a pro. I have never taken any formal classes...this is just me and it's how I write. I wanted to share because embedded in this piece are so many portions of my feelings right now. I need an outlet. Here you go...

_::BREAKING::_

Life is…
Fragile and soft
And we all want to dot
Our I’s and cross our t’s
Pay our dues
Less they increase our fees
Rushing
Brushing off the minutes
Dismissing smiles
From strange family
Blandly drinking our coffee
We treat the day oddly
And we don’t greet
The way
Old friends do

Life so fragile and soft
Walking away
Pushing astray
Connections
Disregarding love
Memories
Letting go of affection
It slips away
Fades to grey
And all is uneventful and
Dull

Cars pass
And days last
To give life another way
And when detours increase
And feeling creeps back
Into the driver seat
You beat the traffic
And step on the gas
Last night life was fragile and soft
Full
Today I cry bull
Life is a mocker of
Dreams
Streams of crazed illusions
We live to love
To lose
But we feel
Deal and choose
To be
Head strong
Walking toward lengthy
Heartache
And stare it in the face
Like a hunter
Stalking
Pacing his prey

And in the end
It’s worth it
For that second
Minute
Of abundant joy
Boy, girl
To have known you
With smiles that light up
Brighten up
The night sky
Why
We ask
Silence responds
Life is fragile, soft
And just like the dawn
You take a breath
And you’re gone

A star in my sky
A car on my road
Vanilla in my coffee
A warning that
Life
so fragile, so soft
breaks
and leaves us
broken

-BDA 10-15-09

3 comments:

  1. You don't need to take classes to write poetry, yo. I wrote it for years before actually taking a class.

    Your poem reminds me of a performance piece. I can feeling your emotions running through it. Way to write, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about the emotion you put into it. I definitly felt strong emotion. Love it. Thank you for sharing.

    I don't know if it will ever get easier, but it hope you keep expressing how you feel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful..
    PS you've been boo'd. Check out my blog..

    ReplyDelete